Friday, March 7, 2008

The Bed Saga

Sooo, finally got the bed in a giant crate last Thursday. I'm only now posting what happened over the weekend as I needed a few days to forget this whole ordeal. Basically this is how it went.

  1. Crate in garage. Very Very large crate.
  2. Crate torn down, bed removed with much difficulty. (things like removing wheeles and angling bed just the right way while standing on one leg and balancing a hula hoop)
  3. Realization that bed is to big for doors and does not come apart despite what the salesman told me
  4. Much sadness and more than a few tears. Good thing is hubby had the decency to keep his thoughts to himself. Probably the fear that I'd stuff him in the crate and send him back with it.
  5. Call out to Perfect Gifts (prayer group) and Friends
  6. Julie and Lavonne come over to and Joy and her husband Joey come over, prayer answered.
  7. For the first time in 30 years the window in Naomi's bedroom is removed.
  8. Bed IN! Actually getting the window off was worse than getting the bed in.
  9. Whew, no more bed stress til we move and it has to come back out again. Oh the horror.

So that was this weekend. The good news is despite my real fears that she would hate the bed (now that would have seen some real tears) Naomi seems to be OK with it. I do need to make bumper pads as she does roll quite a bit, but no major issues with it so far. I would like to say that she now sleeps through the night, but I can't. I really don't think that was ever a bed issue, more of a brain issue. But at least I know she is safe and so I can sleep a little better.

No comments: